Libby Smoot, April 01, 2014
Alex K. recently reached out on Facebook to ask “Why Trex?” He wanted to know what the advantages are to choosing Trex over a competitor. Thanks for asking, Alex.
Of course, we think the choice is clear.
• Trex created the wood-composite decking category more than 20 years ago and continues to lead the way in innovation with beautiful, durable outdoor living products. We created a video last year that highlights our proud history and where we’re headed.
• Trex was the first in the industry to offer a 25-year fade and stain warranty – evidence of the combined beauty and performance of our decking.
• All Trex decking is made from 95% recycled material – a feat unmatched in the industry.
• Committed to green practices, Trex is the largest plastic bag recycler in the nation. Recycling efforts keep more than 400,000 tons of waste out of landfills every year.
• Trex offers more colors of high-performance decking than anyone else – with complementary railing options that provide unmatched style choices.
• Trex is far more than just decking and railing. Knowing that homeowners are actually creating outdoor rooms that extend living beyond the walls of their homes, Trex offers a complete lineup of outdoor living products including porch flooring, deck drainage that creates usable space beneath a deck, outdoor lighting for decks and landscapes, outdoor furniture and pergolas to provide shade above the outdoor space.
• Recognizing that a deck is only as good as the structure upon which it is built, Trex created Elevations steel deck framing for strong, straighter, safer – and smarter – decks.
• Trex has the largest network of dealers and retailers who provide top-notch service, ensuring that deck builders and homeowners can easily get the product they want.
We could list more, but perhaps the real question should be, “Why not Trex?”
But don’t just trust us. Later in the week we’ll share what others have to say.